Friday, November 26, 2010

You Fit Friday #4

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!  We had a great time with my family and today is spent with the hubby's side.  If you're married & both families live close, you might be like us & have 2 actual Thanksgiving meals.  In the past that's been quite a filling experience.  This year though, I decided to stay almost 100% on program (I had 2 bites of yams & a danish my dad made-and that was enough!) and was armed with a few things to help me feel like I was getting some treats in with everyone else: sugar free cider, diet soda, etc.  It helped me a ton and I realized that it really ISN'T about the food!  Pretty powerful.

It also made me realize how much of eating for me is in the social aspect.  I found that as long as I'm eating something at the same time that everyone else is eating, I'm usually okay.  For instance: while everyone else ate a big Thanksgiving lunch with all the fixings, I ate my yummy salad with tons of veggies & some roasted turkey on the side.  But because I was eating & chewing alongside everyone else, I didn't even think about what I wasn't eating.  Pretty cool, huh?

Anyway, this is a short post because it's a crazy busy weekend with family, but I wanted to end with some awesome motivation from my old high school friend.  She has done Take Shape for Life and has totally excelled (as you can see)!  I am so proud of her.  She is 5'2'' & started at 177 and is now 141!  She's still going strong, too!  I think it's completely amazing what this program can do for those who commit themselves to changing.  It's a journey, but it's a well worthwhile one.   Have a great Holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. She looks so good! Great advice Karli, it is all about arming yourself with the best tools and deciding before you go. Thanks for being such a great coach.
    (tara)

    ReplyDelete